Senior Software Engineer - Integrations platform
Senior Software Engineer - Integrations platform
Location: Remote; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA
At SpotOn, we’re helping small businesses and restaurants compete and win with technology to better connect with their customers. Think marketing software, website development, e-commerce, reservations, online ordering, digital loyalty, review management, and both retail and restaurant point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
In the last year, SpotOn has:
- Raised $300M in Series F funding (valuing SpotOn at $3.6 Billion)
- Earned awards for Great Places to Work and Built In’s Best Places to Work
- Helped local businesses succeed with technology and support to battle through the labor shortage while also helping their employees earn more.
This year, we’re going even bigger—caring hard and moving fast down the path of high growth and positive impact.
Our Integrations Platform Engineering group is focused on building a platform that drives our business and all the technology we provide to help our customers compete and win. Whether it's our Point-of-Sale system to Online Ordering, Reporting, or SpotOn Teamwork. A Software Engineer is a leader who can operate across multiple teams to solve problems that hamper our overall success. Whether it’s working directly with developers on their architecture or influencing broader system design you are able to keep an eye on our North Star and guide everyone toward those goals. We are solving problems of scale in a rapidly changing environment to help small businesses compete and win.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with Golang experience to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software applications using the Go programming language with a focus on multi-region networking and API gateway development. The candidate should have a strong background in computer science, software development, and experience building scalable and distributed systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance software applications using Golang with a focus on advanced networking features, DevOps infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex software problems.
- Build scalable and distributed systems using microservices architecture and containerization technologies.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Git, Jenkin
- Experience building scalable and distributed systems with advanced networking features such as load balancing, auto-scaling, and geo-distribution.
- Experience developing API gateways with advanced features such as throttling, rate limiting, authentication, and authorization.
- Write efficient and reusable code that follows industry best practices and standards.
- Write automated tests to ensure the quality of the software applications.
- Optimize software performance and ensure scalability and reliability.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Mentor and train junior software engineers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on Golang development.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience building scalable and distributed systems using microservices architecture and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify and solve complex software problems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Design, build and maintain highly resilient, flexible, and scalable architecture in collaboration with other Engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure solid technical decision-making and high quality team output.
- Identify and justify opportunities to address tech debt as a part of our roadmap.
- Create a space for mentorship and guidance from you to your peers and the other way around.
- Solve problems with solutions that fundamentally change SpotOn’s tech landscape.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with message queue technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or ActiveMQ.
- Multi-skilled polyglot with the curiosity and skill to choose the optimal tool for the problem set.
- Able to optimize product performance across multiple services and teams.
- Display a high degree of ownership and caring for solving high value problems.
- Effectively receive and provide feedback to improve the Product, Company, and Technology
- Experience working in high performing SaaS companies.
- Nice to have: Experience in fintech / payments
At SpotOn, we put people above everything else. We’re known for our innovative software and technology solutions, but we stand out because of the hard-working humans behind the tech. We can’t take care of our clients without taking care of our employees first, and that’s why we invest in you with a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Headspace membership for guided meditation and stress relieving tools through the Sequoia App*
- Employee Resource Groups for Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA+, and other communities
- Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Unlimited access to virtual audio and visual workouts through the Sequoia App*
- Subscription to Linkedin Learning to expand your knowledge on all kinds of fun topics
- Tuition reimbursement for up to 2k per calendar year to assist with classes of your choice
- Our base pay range is $150,000 -$180,000 for this role
- Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan
- Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
* for those enrolled in the Anthem plan
SpotOn is an e-verify company.
Something looks off?