Engineering Manager (Front-end & Fullstack)
About Our Company:
About Our Workplace:
About the Role:
Splash Financial is looking for a technical Engineering Manager to join our technology department. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of technical people management experience, is as comfortable in a backend architectural discussion as they are in defining a build and deployment pipeline for front-end codebases and developing UIs, experienced in collaborating directly with a product owner counterpart as well as cross-departmental stakeholders, and is an excellent communicator. We're looking for someone to come in and make a big impact on our technical organization. You will be part of the leadership bench and have an active role in building and leading us into technological advances for our platform and products.
What you'll do at Splash:
- Responsible for leading an engineering team which is mostly front-end oriented, with some backend responsibilities
- Lead team in building and managing Splash Financial’s public facing website, affiliate partnerships, and part of the online product application experience
- Collaborate with internal teams in various departments to align on priorities, sequence work, and set and reset expectations proactively.
- Performance manage, grow, and elevate team talent through regular 1:1s, regular performance reviews and calibration sessions with other managers, and individualizing with care, identifying strengths and areas for improvement in your reports, and working with them proactively towards being their best.
- Implementing best practice engineering methods and striving for operational excellence across the teams.
- Work with senior leadership to contribute to the vision and OKR setting for the engineering department and other engineer team leads to foster community of technical learning and growth
What you'll bring to Splash:
- Strong functional programming skills required.
- 4+ years of people management, leading technical teams of engineers (in fintech or tech startup preferred).
- Experienced in designing in a microservices architecture paradigm and strong to expert level knowledge of one or more backend languages, databases, cloud hosting providers, infrastructure as code, and interservice communication protocols required.
- Experience with orchestrated distributed systems and first-class workflows is a major plus.
- Experience with remote observability tools for logging, monitoring, and alerting is required.
- Excellent written communication, including technical writing, and the habit of designing deliberately, first, through design documents.
- A can do, positive attitude.
- A tendency to learn the business and the domain it operates in and a focus on driving business outcomes
- Comprehensive and affordable insurance benefits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 8 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave