Senior Manager of Credit Risk & Strategy
About Our Company:
About Our Workplace:
About the Role:
Splash Financial is seeking a Senior Manager of Credit Risk & Strategy. The incumbent will be the key driving force behind Splash credit performance and responsible explosive growth in the next few years. The role will report directly to the Chief Credit Officer and work very closely with other senior leaders in Credit and Operations. The role will also have a lot of exposure to the executive team with plenty rooms to grow up to fully owning credit strategies and managing a team.
If you’re at a point in your career where you’re ready for the challenge and excitement of shaping a program and scaling it exponentially, this could be the role for you.
What you'll do at Splash:
- Take over and improve the process to monitor credit trends to be highly surgical and precise.
- Identify risks and opportunities to ensure we hit or beat our credit expectations through robust quantitative analyses, while still supporting our growth plan.
- Present proposals to the Credit Committee, as well as our lending partners.
- Utilize extensive background and knowledge of credit trends to evaluate credit risk, do appropriate due diligence, and develop models with recommended solutions to move business in the right direction.
- Collaborate with Data Science, Marketing, and Operations to obtain and share knowledge about credit performance, as well as risk and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Finance and Sales to allow timely communication – both inbound and outbound – that forms high credibility from the lenders.
- Build a robust, best-in-class control process to ensure any credit changes are justified and approved.
What you'll bring to Splash:
- Highly quantitative. Knowledge in dealing with a lot of data and be very surgical.
- Highly creative. Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo; exceptional quantitative skills to analyze data and how to extract the values to impact business outcomes.
- Required 3-5 years direct experience in data queries using SQL and data analyses using python on your own.
- Required 3-5 years direct experience in fintech or lending business; particularly in managing credit risk.
- Have some experience in building machine learning models using python is a big plus.
- Open minded, collaborative, proactive and articulate – able to work with cross-functional partners and executive stakeholders and effectively communicate findings and proposals; exceptional influential skills.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in quantitative fields such as economics, econometrics, statistics, operations research. Master’s degree preferred.
- Comprehensive and affordable insurance benefits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401(k) contribution
- 9 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave