Staff Software Engineer, Flutter (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Staff Mobile Engineer to join the Lantern team who will help build our next generation Marketplace platform. You will have the opportunity to set technical direction for a growing and critical business function within SoFi where the overall architecture is still relatively greenfield and the business impact is high. This is a great opportunity to help shape the evolution of the team and the platform capabilities for years to come.
This role is focused on the Lantern team at SoFi. Our mission is to build and grow a financial marketplace, building both a compelling supplier experience for providers of financial products, as well as a compelling user experience in suggesting the right financial products for our users. Ideal candidates have a passion for designing beautiful APIs and well architected systems.
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- 6+ years mobile programming experience including Flutter
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Agile-based project development in a microservices environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.