Business Control Testing Sr Analyst
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Control Testing Analyst is responsible for working closely with various SoFi business partners and/or control owners to execute control testing and deliver results within a timely manner. This person will execute tests of design and operating effectiveness testing, including transactional testing across SoFi’s in-scope business processes. This person will also be responsible for collaborating with the various control owners to understand processes, identify additional potential risks, and determine controls to implement. The Control Testing Analyst will partner with the issue manager(s) to build out appropriate milestones, owners, and timelines for identified issues via the control testing lifecycle.
Additionally, this role will partner with the Control Testing Manager to ensure the business units have a sustainable and effective end-to-end control environment by identifying gaps in existing processes to reduce errors and look for opportunities to create better controls with the process.
What you’ll do:
- Execute Design (DE) and Operating Effectiveness (OE) testing across the various SoFi business processes.
- Create and maintain adequate testing support documentation such as workpapers, testing reports, etc. to support the results of reviews including the write-up of findings/issues for reporting.
- Evaluate control testing documentation, reports, data, etc. and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Follow standardized procedures and templates.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal business partners to execute work and fulfill control testing expectations.
- Drive accountability with control owners to ensure timely test completion.
- Prepare and present testing results and conduct the follow-up to monitor agreed-upon activities, including re-performance testing if needed.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice and partner with control owners to discuss control testing results and mitigation activities.
- Advise management of any recurring test failures to ensure prompt corrective actions.
- Work independently on a range of complex tests, which may include unique controls.
- Assist in the implementation of new controls and updating existing controls and the relevant documentation.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks will typically focus on execution and sustainment activities.
- Continually evaluate the environment for opportunities to proactively manage risk and improve processes based on observation, reviews, and feedback.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities to support the Business Controls and Control Testing programs.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in risk management and/or control testing in financial services and/or banking operating environments.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in controls testing, quality control roles, or other complimentary capacities within the financial services industry.
- Scope of experience should include risk identification, mitigation and control assessments as well as writing test scripts, transactional testing and documenting results.
- Technical control testing proficiency and risk acumen.
- Working knowledge in operational risk and controls testing, relevant industry regulations and standard industry processes.
- Results-oriented, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate via Zoom meetings.
- Ability to balance multiple critical priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in highly-matrixed, fast paced environments.
- Self-starter with the strong ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Fluent in Excel and Powerpoint, comfortable with analyzing large datasets in Google Suite, MS Office applications, etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of relevant experience, or equivalent work experience.
Why you’ll love working here: Please do not add additional company information or copy into the job description in Greenhouse. This info will automatically post there.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full-time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.