Senior Staff Software Engineer, Credit Card
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our SoFi Credit Card team. We are working hard to design a future looking framework, with aims to scale our customer base, continue to delight existing customers, and disrupt the Credit Card industry. We want to bring more unique and personalized benefits to our customers and are constantly building more resiliency around the SoFi Credit Card in order to ensure the trust and safety of our members, and operational excellence of our services.
The ideal candidate is a technical and innovative individual contributor who can help guide the overall vision of their team as well as the broader Credit Card organization. We are looking for engineers who can bring fresh perspectives, thought leadership, vision and help us scale for the future. Those with a high sense of ownership, empathy, and disruption will thrive in our team, especially those who inspire others to bring their best to our mission. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation, implementation, deployment, continued improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape the technical architecture & design of the Credit Card product
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Communicate and collaborate with product and design
- Work within and across teams to resolve technical conflicts and achieve consensus
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Ensure that our codebase remains easy to change and is always shippable
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer, designing and implementing complex software solutions.
- Experience with Java / Spring / Kotlin / Python / PostgreSQL / AWS. Expertise with any modern Java frameworks, REST APIs, and relational databases
- Deep understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices for building scalable and robust applications.
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring engineering teams, promoting technical excellence and collaboration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Experience with Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, cloud infrastructure, Terraform and CI/CD
- Willingness to collaborate with others to get stuff done
- Willingness to grow your leadership skills
- Experience working in highly regulated environments and Operational Risk Management
Nice to have:
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience building data models and pipelines
- Machine Learning and automated decision experience
- GraphQL experience