AML Quality Assurance Senior Specialist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The AML Quality Assurance (“QA”) Senior Specialist will be responsible for reviewing the work product for several AML functions, including transaction monitoring and customer due diligence in accordance with SoFi internal policies and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on transaction monitoring and customer due diligence
- Analyze completed cases to ensure that analysis is completed and all required and relevant documentation supporting each review is provided
- Review cases related to the disposition of adverse media alerts to ascertain whether they are correctly determined
- Collaborate with the AML Team to provide feedback as appropriate and ensure any corrective actions required are completed
- Participate in the development and implementation of procedures and objectives for the QA function
- Identify training needs based on themes identified through the case reviews
- Conduct research utilizing available systems, databases, and the internet, consistent with the resolution of investigations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in a related field
- 4-6 years of experience in the finance industry focusing on quality assurance for AML transaction monitoring, internal/external investigations, and KYC functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and across different business lines
- Excellent working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity