Employee Experience Program Manager
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As our Talent Coordinator, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing our comprehensive onboarding program. You will work closely with many members of our People Team and other Cross-Functional Departments to ensure that our new hires have a seamless and engaging onboarding experience. Additionally, you will coordinate logistics, including but not limited to the Value of the Month Program and recognition initiatives, as well as data and budget tracking for the team. Ultimately, you will help deliver equitable experiences that unlock every employee’s potential so they can grow, connect, and thrive
The ideal candidate
- Has experience in end-to-end program execution
- Is comfortable and enthusiastic about public speaking and customer/audience experience
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in effectively completing a wide range of tasks
- Has strong problem-solving skills and identifies and overcomes key barriers
- Applies advanced knowledge in order to deal creatively with complex situations
- Uses data to get to the truth and make principle-based decisions
- Practices failing fast to learn, iterate and innovate
- Is a master at agility
- Leverages a growth mindset
- Drives efficiencies with an acute attention to detail
- Is a dynamic facilitator that can captivate an audience
- Thrives on helping people grow, with a keen sense of humor
What you’ll do:
This position will support the Talent Management Team and work closely with cross-functional partners such as IT, Recruiters, Managers, PBP’s, etc. help deliver equitable experiences that unlock every employee’s potential so they can grow, connect, and thrive.
Leading our Global Onboarding program
- Manage new hire forecast in partnership with recruiting
- Coordinate global new hire invites and schedules
- Manage automated new hire communications (new hires, managers, etc.)
- Ensure orientation materials are flawless and always up to date
- Maintain both our pre-arrival site and new hire portal so new hires can easily access the information they need to set them up for success
- Oversee new hire swag orders, delivery and budget
- Coordinate Executive Onboarding with PBPs and EAs
- Gather insights on new hires' first-year friction points and contribute to a strategy to address, including research on external tools
- Act quickly on Quarterly Onboarding Survey insights to improve the experience
- Making recommendations for solutions with a full understanding of potential implications
- Running after challenging problems
Overall Talent Team Support
This position will partner with the Talent Management team to help support seamless execution, data tracking and reporting including:
- Track the Employee Experience Annual Budget and Forecasting
- Oversee Vendor Management
- Recognition (both recognition platform, Anniversary program and Employee Recognition Day)
- Value of the Month-Motivation Monthly Content
- Handling archiving process for all programming and data tracking
- As-needed project management support for surprise and delight pop-up events
- Expanding footprint by taking on multiple projects with department impact
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Excellent project management and analytical skills.
- Skilled in written and oral communications
- Passion for being a creative and thinking outside of the box
- Proven record of going the extra mile for your colleagues
- Recognized care for culture development and employee engagement.
- Ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, expense reports,
- Ability to learn new technical tools quickly
- Thrive in helping others and fostering a collaborative, uplifting atmosphere.