Senior Network Security Engineer (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. This is a 1 year contract to start.
Onsite work is not required but ideal candidate is someone capable of coming into office on occasion, in any of these locations:
Seattle, WA; Salt Lake City, Utah; Cottonwood Heights, Utah; San Francisco, CA; Jacksonville, FL
We are looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join our corporate Network Operations team. This team maintains, designs, and implements the corporate network of SoFi and its subsidiaries. SoFi is a company that continues to evolve and grow rapidly. This means that the needs for our network are always evolving, and the uptime requirements are high.If you want to work in an environment where your work matters, and where iteration and innovation are daily occurrences, this could be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
- Implement and improve security controls on SoFi’s Palo Alto firewalls using the zero trust principles.
- Implement security controls / application rules in our ZScaler instance.
- Determine requirements for integrating with the SaaS offerings we obtain.Work with SoFi and its subsidiaries to provide the correct, secure entry and exit points between the production systems and the corporate environmentEnhance the corporate VPN experience, particularly for work from home employees.Ensure our multi cloud environment maintains its security.
What you’ll need:
- Palo Alto Administration certified (PCNSA or other Palo Alto certifications) OR ZScaler administration experience.
- Scripting abilities, we regularly use the following languages: Windows PowerShell, BASH, Python, Terraform, Basic Cisco ACL understanding.
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing WiFi systems
Nice to have:
- Experience with IPv6.
- AWS and / or Azure experience.
- Understanding of PKI.
- Familiarity with 802.1x and 801.11 EAP authentication and Microsoft NPS.