Senior Director, Global Fraud Operations
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
About the Role
SoFi’s Fraud Prevention Center of Excellence team has responsibility for ensuring responsible growth in lending, banking, investing and other member related activities are consistent with the company’s risk
appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise fraud threats and ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a multi-layered line of defense in oversight of business
operations, and works to ensure fraud prevention risk policies factors a member-first experience.
Senior Director of Global Fraud Operations (Investigations + Prevention & Detection + Specialized/Law Enforcement Liaison)will have responsibility managing and building operations teams supporting SoFi’s growth. The role will be tasked to develop and deploy Operational strategies driving operational efficiency, accountability, identify recovery opportunities, and delivering Member first experience. You will be managing 4 Fraud Operations teams located domestically as well as at different Global Delivery centers. You will partner with Fraud Prevention Policy, Business Controls, Fraud Infrastructure, Fraud analytics, AML, Legal and Compliance teams to drive first line of defense in the fraud prevention domain.
Senior Director of Global Fraud Operations reports directly to the VP of Fraud Prevention.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Lead, develop, and drive Operational visions to support responsible business growth and Member experience.
2. Process change management, leveraging data to drive insights and improvement.
3. Develop operational controls and oversight for both onshore and offshore Operations.
4. Ensure optional excellence by driving measurable KPIs results.
5. Managing cost while meeting SLA by driving automation and optimization of resources allocated.
6. Identify opportunity for recovery through engagement with law enforcement.
7. Develop fraud dispute management process and identify capability needs.
8. Develop and drive Training across all Fraud Operations
9. Provide feedback to the policy team on emerging fraud patterns and identify areas of vulnerability across SoFi ecosystem to different types of fraud.
10. Partner with BSA to ensure consistent investigative standards.
11. Passionate about Member experience and identify and resolve Member complaint pain points through process augmentation leveraging technology.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of
an industry leading leadership team.
● Teamwork is Job 1… daily critical collaboration is necessary with Business Leaders, Fraud Prevention Policy, Risk functions, Operations Control, AML, and Engineering
Product Design. This is the conduit to execution of our Fraud Prevention Strategies and a critical feedback loop balance risk with member experience.
● Members are our Passion… ensure our SoFi members are protected from fraud at every touchpoint. But when our Member reach out we are delivering best experience
balancing fraud mitigation with the most efficient processes.
● Innovate… we need you to bring your brightest ideas to build best-in-class fraud operations process across SoFi’s wide suite of products.
● Data Driven… Collaborate with Workforce management, Fraud Prevention Analytics, PMO and Risk Infrastructure to help architect the future of fraud operations with
analytically based assessment and deployment capabilities to driven efficiency, right staffing, and agent level accountability.
● Challenge Status Quo… constantly evaluate the adequacy of operational procedure and put in place a process to optimize balance of Member experience, fraud prevention, and
costs; re-evaluate technological infrastructure to continuously optimize the balancing equation.
● Drive Performance Outcomes… Design effective fraud operations roadmap with controls that leverage synergy among different Fraud Operations teams while delivering results
that meet SLAs, identify and triage fraud events with a playbook, and constantly looking for opportunities to improve processes.
● Risk Controllership… Understand and design appropriate Fraud Operations control points and reporting to ensure flawless executions for domestic and global delivery
● Be a Fraud Operations SME… Serve as a subject matter expert for Fraud Operations. This includes Prevention and Detections, Investigation, Fraud disputes, and Law Enforcement engagement.
● 15+ years of Fraud Operations experience at top 10 US financial institutions managing deposit products or credit cards. Experienced managed teams domestically and
● Lead process improvement and organization transformation.
● Strongly Preferred: Extensive work in Fraud Investigation operations, knowledge in BSA, and have experience building out fraud dispute management team.