Staff Software Engineer, Borrow (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the SoFi Borrow team who will help build a cutting-edge technology platform for the Loan Originations and Collections system which is at the heart of our lending products. You will be part of a team that is empowered to make technical decisions.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a solid sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and a strong team player. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React, and we run on Kubernetes in a service oriented architecture with over 100 services in production
- 5+ years Java, Kotlin or other OO programming experience
- A solid understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Experience working on a SOA or microservice-based application.
- Experience working with GIT and CI/CD systems.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Solid sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- View Unit and Integration test as 1st class citizen in software development
Nice to have:
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience scaling highly available, mission critical systems
Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.