Staff Product Designer, Borrow (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
SoFi Loans is a suite of lending products that help people manage and achieve their financial goals through student loan, personal loan, and mortgage offerings. Our highly regarded products have been at the core of SoFi’s offerings for a number of years. The company started with student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. And now we have grown an offering that helps individuals through all of their financial life chapters through product improvements, new features and a more holistic financial ecosystem.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. As a company, we do this through setting ambitious goals, tackling the hard problems and innovating to dissolve boundaries between financial offerings always with the best interest of our members in mind.
As a Staff Designer, it will be your responsibility to imagine the future of personal finance, drive new initiatives, set a high standard for excellence and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary set of stakeholders. In addition, you’ll coordinate with designers from other product areas to align the larger SoFi ecosystem and be a mentor to various designers in the organization. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Conceptualize, define and lead new initiatives across mobile and web platforms
- Collaborate closely with Research, Product Management, and Engineering partners to iterate and drive programs forward.
- Challenge previously-established thinking patterns, drive a continual cycle of design systems iteration, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Develop user-centered design solutions based on research, member insights, and industry best-practices
- Present work at all levels -- from project team to executive leadership team.
- Collaborate with other product designers working on other projects to drive alignment and consistency across the entire user experience
Qualification and experience
- 8+ yrs experience of experience working in product design/UX roles
- Strong design point of view and aesthetic
- Strong expertise in common design tools (ie Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc)
- Expertise in web and mobile UX best practices across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Strong collaboration skills across cross-functional teams including research, product management, engineering and marketing
- Ability to translate user research, user needs and product data to make informed design solutions
- Track record for delivering end to end solutions from initial concepts to measurable outcomes
- Experience presenting work and rationale to senior leadership and advocating for user needs in the context of business and technology drivers
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working with the latest best practices in web design
- Experience working on consumer engagement, growth and funnel optimization
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Experience working in the fintech industry
Due to the temporary nature of the position we are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.