Member Business Associate
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is looking for someone who believes in our mission of helping people achieve their financial ambitions to help drive growth of our customer (“Member”) base by matching unique customer needs to our products and services. The key objective of this role is to help more people achieve more of their financial goals with SoFi. This is a “general manager” role, so you will need to work closely with product, marketing, legal, finance, research, data science, and more to inform your priorities and execute against them.
As part of working cross-functionally as the “hub” of projects, you will be responsible for setting and driving project impact and milestones, as well as identifying and navigating through potential dependencies or blockers. You will also be responsible for measuring and monitoring performance against your objectives.
A successful candidate will be comfortable with data analytics, technology, working across different teams and functions, being creative and scrappy, and leading without authority in a high growth and fast-paced environment. At SoFi, we operate like a tech company - not a traditional financial services company - so that we can run after our mission of helping people reach financial independence.
What you’ll do:
- Help drive growth of SoFi products by matching Members to the SoFi products that best suit their evolving needs. This includes initiatives to better identify Member goals + needs, and personalize the SoFi experience to address those goals + needs
- Work across businesses and functions to identify and drive cross functional initiatives, track progress against milestones and key performance indicators (KPIs), and more
- Work closely with members of each SoFi business to understand the unique dynamics of their business and items on the roadmap to inform your priorities and approach
- Measure, analyze, and interpret data from multiple sources to identify trends and inform priorities
- Run experiments to identify and prioritize solutions and impact
- Drive complex initiatives with uncertain inputs and outputs
What you’ll need:
- A passion for our mission of helping people achieve their financial goals
- 2-3 years of experience in strategy consulting or investment banking, or in a high growth business in a growth, product, or generalist role. Experience working at or with technology companies is preferred.
- Analytical skills - SoFi is a data-driven company, and critical thinking, data analysis, and effective interpretation and story-telling are essential
- Ability to lead and influence in a collaborative environment, without authority
- Ability to navigate priorities creatively and decisively with ambiguous or minimal direction
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Why you’ll love working here
- Inspiring company mission that we put at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Free lunch and healthy (and unhealthy!) snacks
- Great health & well-being benefits, including subsidized gym membership
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees