Senior Product Manager, Member Access & Safety
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Member Authentication & Safety Platform product. In this role, you will be the product owner responsible for prioritizing, defining, and building features that enable SoFi members to authenticate and secure their accounts, which is a cornerstone of customer trust in SoFi products.
This role is inherently cross-functional — you will work closely with Engineering, Design, Data Science, Risk, User Research, Operations, Business Unit Leads, and other Product Managers to set a product strategy and define and prioritize features. You will be expected to set ambitious goals, be gritty, and be accountable to results reported at the executive level. As the product lead for Member Authentication & Safety, you’ll play the critical role of bridging the technical and business worlds to deliver product enhancements and net-new features that delight our users and grow customers’ sense of safety and trust with SoFi.
What You’ll Do:
- Build innovative solutions in a customer-centric environment - the solutions will include backend authentication systems and user experiences and tools to keep our member accounts safe.
- Author requirements, user stories, product strategies, and business cases.
- Work closely with engineering to own, prioritize, and dive deep into backlogs and technical requirements
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across risk, member experience, design, mobile, business units, and executive management to prioritize high-impact product plans and translate risk requirements and customer needs into product solutions.
- Communicate ongoing project health updates to key stakeholders and business leaders.
- Create and evangelize a long-term product roadmap for SoFi’s authentication systems and member safety tools.
- Collaborate with UX designers to deliver best-in-class end-customer experiences
- Direct and support the diagnosis and analysis of incidents or trends related to authentication and be accountable for those findings to your stakeholders.
- Monitor, measure, and balance user friction with security and risk management needs.
- Own instrumentation and data for your products to drive insights, innovation, and planning.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-6 years of experience in product management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to define and deliver products on deadlines with a software engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and business drivers, manage trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Attention to detail and ability to summarize complex issues
- Very good written and spoken communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive management
- Analytical approach and ability to use and work with data
- A proactive and accountable approach to your work
- Ability to work with remote teams
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and SQL
- Experience with Auth0, authentication, 2FA, MFA, Passkey, and similar technologies