Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Settlement Coordinator is a part of the Settlement Team in the Back Office and is responsible to ensure that all transaction volumes are processed. This happens via a three-point settlement for each service; vendor totals, Sponsor Bank charges, Profile (core processing system) postings/exceptions. Consistent communication with the Sponsor Bank, Fin Ops department, and departmental management is expected to ensure reporting and resolution of all differences are timely and accurate. As part of a dynamic team, Back Office representatives provide quality service and effective and efficient operational support for the assigned area's internal and external business partners as well as providing advice and assisting with training for less experienced team members. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to department management.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
What you’ll do:
- Daily completion of settlements for services associated with the Product
- Work with Sponsor Bank to rectify posting discrepancies
- Accurate and timely reporting of differences
- Reporting untimely resolutions to management
- Ensure changes are made to settlements as needed
- Ensure SOPs are kept up to date as changes are made
- Work with Product and Engineering for automation possibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified candidates are those who love variety in a fast- paced environment and work with an exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Tech savvy and possessing strong analytic and problem-solving skills are beneficial; knowledge of banking regulations is desired
- Successful candidates are flexible, dependable team players and self-disciplined in time management
The hours of the position will be 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. These hours may change as volumes increase to meet daily deadlines.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma – required, Associates Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of reconciliation experience
- Deep understanding of how the financial world works
- Ability to analyze data with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- General accounting knowledge
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?