Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Full-Stack Staff Software Engineer to join our Onboarding team at SoFi. The Onboarding team is responsible for enabling centralized and seamless onboarding experiences for all of SoFi's products.
You will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, testing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting mission-critical systems. You’ll face and solve a wide range of challenges: technical, product, and operational, shaping your personal growth and career along the way, as well as helping mold and grow the junior members of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications and services in a full-stack environment
- Architecting, designing, and delivering scalable, highly available services
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories
- Participating heavily in code and design reviews
- Collaborating and representing engineering with outside stakeholders in product marketing, operations, business, legal, and compliance
- Working in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment across multiple offices
- Mentoring more junior members of the team and helping foster a learning environment within the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 7+ years of programming experience, ideally on a modern stack.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews, and managing pull requests
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working on an SOA or microservice-based application.
Nice to have:
- Full-stack experience building Native apps (iOS/Android)
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience scaling highly available, mission-critical systems
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?