Mortgage Loan Originator
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) drive SoFi Lending Corp.’s Mortgage sales team. MLOs are responsible for the customer experience throughout the mortgage origination process by guiding the member/customer through the mortgage application, creating a different kind of mortgage experience than the industry norm.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate initial loan applications and documentation to confirm credit worthiness and ability to repay
- Complete initial analysis of applicants’ credit, income, by verifying initial decisions and communicating this to the applicant
- Communicate critical origination timeline, product, pricing and underwriting requirements to all applicants
- Perform outbound calls to applicants and work with the applicant to ensure receipt of required documentation critical to successfully move loans through the sales process to funding
- Communicate suspense, loan approval and/or declinations to ensure customer is informed at all times
- Coordinate and manage realtors, builders, mobile signers and other third parties
- Oversee loan process to ensure timely delivery and content communication with borrower of initial disclosures, changed circumstance re-disclosing, delivery of closing disclosure and closing documents.
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques via ongoing training
- Maximize the number of qualified loans funded monthly
- Manage and maintain your pipeline of leads provided to you from a centralized lead generation engine
- Ensure all leads provided are worked with highest degree of urgency, meeting or exceeding customer expectations throughout the loan originations process
What you’ll need:
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic with the ability to establish and build working relationships with SoFi applicants, guiding them from initiation to successful completion of the loan process
- Driven by high performance in a high expectation commission environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Industry leading pipeline management skills
- Background or previous experience in financial services and sales in an inbound or outbound call center
- Solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with team members
- Must be computer literate with above average proficiency in MS Office and internet skills
- Great telephone skills including communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple systems / applications / workflows
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating stressful work assignments or situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful conditions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to move between tasks and duties quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
Nice to have:
- Two to four (2-4) years successful origination of loans; residential mortgage loan experience preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and/or regulatory requirements of mortgage lending
- Overall good knowledge and understanding of mortgage product, pricing and underwriting guidelines
- Consultative sales skills in a mortgage sales organization
- High volume transaction processing experience exhibiting the ability to follow written procedures and processes with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Any individual state mortgage licensing is considered a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain individual state license(s) and SAFE act compliance
Why you’ll love working here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?