Treasury Governance & Reporting Associate
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking an detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized Treasury professional to join our team.
The Treasury governance & reporting manager [title] will be responsible for leading reporting and governance efforts across Treasury risk verticals. The role will have ownership over Treasury policies, procedures, and reporting with particular focus on ALCO/Board reporting and regulatory responses.. This role will report to SoFi’s head of Capital and Liquidity Management.
The role is expected to operate across Treasury, Finance, Risk, and Legal to complete deliverables. The role will also be responsible for driving consistency across various legal entities, including SoFi Bank, SoFi Securities (broker/dealer), and other material operating subsidiaries.
What you’ll do:
This role will be focused on supporting the governance and communications across Treasury’s primary risk verticals - Capital, LIquidity + Funding, and Market Risk. The role will have broad exposure across the Treasury team designing policies and procedures for a dynamic, fast-growing Treasury organization. The role will also focus on managing the development and execution of key reporting processes for internal and external stakeholders (e.g., governance committees, regulators). Specifically, this role will:
- Lead Treasury wide risk inventory and coordination of policies & procedures
- Establish governance requirements and review cycles for each risk vertical
- Design and implement executive management and external reporting packages
- Organize development timelines, coordinating with various stakeholders
- Implement change control framework which support a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Support the Treasury department through coordination and preparation for internal/external audits and regulatory examinations
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders and business partners with the purpose of informing interested parties on key milestones, accomplishments, programs, activities, and overall successes.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Management, or other relevant areas.
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, specifically working for and/or with a Treasury organization
- Demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in risk and control management with knowledge across capital, liquidity, and interest rate risk
- Effective communication and influencing skills, including strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex information into relevant, simple decision points
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, across different business lines, and with external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives to conclusion.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into presentation packages
- Interacting with, and presenting to, all levels of management, cross-functional partners
- Drafting, reviewing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Communicating the impact of business strategy on Treasury core competencies such as liquidity and capital management and interest rate risk
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?