Business Development Director
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As a Director of Business Development, you will be part of the SoFi at Work team offering financial wellness benefits to employers and other organizations in the Midwestern territory. SoFi at Work is a growing team and business within SoFi with an exciting trajectory. We offer a comprehensive enterprise platform which includes education, tools, and product solutions to help employees and professionals Get Your Money Right. You will join a team of sales and partnership success representatives who have successfully sold to 650+ organizations nationwide.
This role is responsible for securing new enterprise partners on a quarterly basis. This requires articulating SoFi at Work’s product in a way that allows employers and benefit brokers to understand its value within their respective benefit packages. This role requires a self-starter willing to own the full sales cycle - from prospecting and cold calling to preparing presentation materials for your finalist round meetings.
The right candidate has excellent presentation and pitching experience, proven success in prior sales roles, and is comfortable calling on high level corporate leaders. Ideally, candidates will have experience working with prospects/clients in human resources, compensation and benefits, and/or total rewards and an understanding of the Benefits market. The key to success in this role is a relentless drive to identify, pursue and close new partnerships against established metrics and comfortably articulate SoFi at Work’s value proposition.
This role reports to SoFi’s Head of Sales and Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Generate new business by prospecting new employer clients in your territory, including lead generation, cold calling and meeting with senior level buyers/decision-makers such as CHROs, Head of Benefits, Total Rewards, Compensation, and Recruiting. Proactively identify potential SoFi at Work opportunities
- Consult and act as a supportive liaison with your clients
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to clients in a professional and effective manner
- Build relationships with key client gatekeepers including benefit brokers and consultants
- Represent SoFi at Work at trade shows, events, and partner presentations
- Meet established metrics and goals on a quarterly basis
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience in a B2B-focused sales role, primarily within the industry of corporate benefits and/or financial products, as an outward facing representative of the company
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Direct experience selling to large organizations
- Consistent record of exceeding targets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate information to target audiences
- Strong consultative and negotiation selling capabilities
- Good judgment in evaluating opportunities and strong follow through
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?