Senior Staff Data Scientist
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Data Science team is looking to add a Senior Staff Data Scientist who will help shape Credit Card targeting decisions and strategy.. The Senior Staff Data Scientist will be working closely with Marketing Managers, Business Units, Product & finance partners to build and grow SoFi Credit Card into a top choice for consumers to “Get Your Money Right”.
You will be subject matter expert on Credit Card Pre-screening/Pre-approval acquisition strategy; credit bureau data; consumer profile and behavior; revenue economics; optimizing onboarding experience; and our internal customer performance and marketing datasets. You will also contribute to building audience segmentation, models and solutions that spans across acquisition, attribution, forecasting, and budget allocation across our marketing channels.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a holistic Credit Card pre-screen/pre-approval marketing and offer strategy spanning across multiple channels; and developed in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Develop an end-to-end offer strategy framework to constantly experiment and optimize offer construct, product preference, and audience selection spanning across credit card products.
- Translate business goals into actionable tactics and campaigns informed by data that deliver short term results and build foundational platform for long term growth
- Establish and maintain a framework for measuring impact of targeting, segmentation and offer strategy on business outcome such as acquisitions, consumer profile, post acquisition performance, and revenue economics
- Should be able to work with ambiguity and have strong problem solving skills when determining offer performance
- Work with cross functional stakeholders across Marketing, Business Unit, Risk, Finance, Product and Engineering to identify strategic opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions.
- Support partners with ad hoc analysis requests that come up during normal course of business
- Synthesize data into succinct presentations that influence senior management decision making
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all member engagement KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and communicate performance
- You stay focused on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in credit card growth or marketing capacity, with demonstrated experience developing and analyzing marketing campaigns
- Industry experience in Credit Card is a must and Marketing Analytics highly desired
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using Airflow to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of statistical modeling or machine learning is preferred but not a requirement
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?