Staff Software Engineer, Credit Card (Contract)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join the Credit Card Acquisitions & Growth team. SoFi allows its members to Save & Spend in ways that help them achieve their financial independence. Our Credit Card is an important piece of the overall personal finance puzzle. We are heavily investing in growing CC business and reinventing how we connect to customers in innovative ways - both on backend and front end. For that, we need to start designing our technology stack for future growth.
To achieve this goal, the team is developing new cloud services and we are looking for engineers who can bring fresh perspectives, thought leadership and help us scale for the future. We are just scratching the surface on many of these systems and have an ambitious roadmap ahead. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership, self-starter, drive for delivery, approaches complex questions with data & curiosity, dives below the surface to identify the root cause, and is a good mentor and co-worker.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to deployment.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals.
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals.
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines.
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Make significant contributions to the code base.
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards.
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- 6+ years Java/Koltin programming experience
- Experience working on a SOA or microservice-based application.
- A proven understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Solid sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing large scale backend applications & systems.
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing.
- Experience working with AWS services, Spring Boot and handling live production issues.
“Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship”
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?