Junior Business Lead
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi Invest drives the strategy, planning and execution of initiatives for the Brokerage. We’re seeking a Junior Business Lead to join SoFi’s Invest Business Team. The Invest Business Team is responsible for helping SoFi’s Members with all steps in their investment journey.
In this role, you will become a trusted member of the Invest Business Team and will gain exposure to high-impact strategic projects and continue to build out expertise in the brokerage and investing arena. You will be expected to collaborate with partners in a matrix-environment with a focus on improving efficiencies in the way we run our business.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Brokerage Business Lead with strategic initiatives across the brokerage and advisory space
- Work cross-functionally across multiple groups including Data Science, Engineering, Product, Design, Compliance and Marketing
- Develop into a subject matter expert around equities, options, mutual funds and other investing products
- Keep abreast of trends and competitors in the Fintech area and be able to articulate how the trends impact the business
- Assist with oversight functions such as monthly reporting, validating controls and responding to regulatory requests
- Complete ad hoc analysis to further understand how members use our products and platforms
- Perform basic financial analysis to assist with business cases and product metrics
- Manage 3rd party relationships with suppliers
What you’ll need:
- Passion for our mission of helping people achieve their financial goals
- Understanding of the brokerage and trading industry and investment products or willingness to learn
- 3-5 years of experience in a consulting firm, brokerage/trading firm or exchanges
- Understanding of trading platforms is a plus
- Strong analytical abilities (SoFi is a data-driven company) and proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets, Powerpoint/Google Slides,
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau will be highly preferred or willingness to learn
- A clear communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership (Methodical, self-starter, hands-on, willingness to get into the details)
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence and a good attitude
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?