Staff Data Scientist, Marketing
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Data Science team is looking to add a Staff Data Scientist who will help shape product decisions and strategy through data-driven insights. The Staff Data Scientist will be working closely with Marketing Managers, Business Units, Product & finance partners to build and grow SoFi Bank, Invest, and Credit Cards into a top choice for consumers to “Get Your Money Right”. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
As a Staff Data Scientist, Marketing at SoFi, you will be subject matter expert on user journeys; consumer profile and behavior; optimizing onboarding experience; and evaluating marketing opportunity; our internal data pipelines; and marketing datasets. You will also contribute to building machine learning (ML) models and solutions that touch on attribution, forecasting, and budget allocation across our marketing channels.
This role will support SIPS (Save, Invest, Protect and Spend) business unit at SoFi focused mainly on SoFi Bank, Invest, and Credit Cards products.
What you’ll do:
- Drive highly visible, strategic projects that are imperative to the SIPS business’s short term as well as long term goals.
- Translate business goals into actionable tactics and campaigns informed by data that deliver short term results and build foundational platform for long term growth
- Analyze marketing spend, customer journey, acquisition funnel and product engagement data to generate business insights, inform marketing strategy, and unlock potential value
- Design test plans to achieve business outcomes, and partner across other functional groups like Marketing, Business, Operations, Engineering for implementation
- Support partners with ad hoc analysis requests that come up during normal course of business
- Synthesize data into succinct presentations that influence senior management decision making
- Work with amazing product marketing and business managers to identify strategic opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions.
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all member engagement KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and communicate performance
- You stay focused on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in growth or marketing capacity, with demonstrated experience developing and analyzing marketing campaigns
- Industry experience in Banking, Brokerage, Credit Card and Marketing Analytics highly desired
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using Airflow to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of statistical modeling or machine learning is preferred but not a requirement
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?