Senior Tax Accountant
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Our finance team is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our growing team. This role will report to the Tax Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare components of quarterly and annual ASC 740 calculations.
- Assist in tax compliance and accounting technology transformation to accelerate tax filing and tax accounting close timelines.
- Build a robust forecasting model for direct and indirect taxes and department budget in collaboration with Finance.
- Ensure income tax compliance with state and federal tax regulations by applying general tax rules and concepts to returns.
- Support calculations for strategic decisions in restructuring US taxation of foreign entities.
- Prepare and review quarterly estimated taxes, annual extensions, and annual income tax returns.
- Prepare and review workpapers and returns for securitization.
- Respond to government notices and audits.
- Support other areas as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- MS in Tax or CPA preferred.
- 2 - 3+ years of related experience required.
- Public accounting and/or multinational corporate experience is preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with advanced technology such as Alteryx, Power Pivot/Bi, UiPath, Tableau or other RPA and ETL tools.
- High attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Inventive, resourceful and have remarkable analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Financial and/or Tech Sector experience.
- Self-starter and highly collaborative with an exceptional work ethic.
- Dedication to providing high quality work and eagerness to learn.
- Able to work seamlessly with different parties and departments.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?