Sr. Director - Member Experience Business Lead
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is looking for someone who believes in our mission of helping people achieve their financial ambitions to lead key cross-company initiatives that deliver relevant, intuitive, and delightful experiences for our Members that help them seamlessly achieve all of their financial goals with SoFi, while supporting the scaling needs of our business. This is a “general manager” leadership role that will be accountable for setting objectives and success metrics that align to company goals, defining and prioritizing the initiatives to achieve them, and working across businesses and functions to deliver against them. A successful candidate for this role will excel at leading without authority cross-functionally, working with technical teams, using data to make decisions, and being creative and scrappy. The candidate should also be very comfortable working in a high growth and fast-paced environment. At SoFi, we move quickly, but safely, so that we can run after our mission of helping people reach their goals by getting a better handle on their finances.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development, planning, and execution for key cross-business initiatives. As a general manager, leadership means working across many teams to align, execute, and iterate on a vision, prioritized initiatives, and key success metrics, often without authority. Those teams include Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Data Science, Legal, Business Development, Risk Management, Finance, Operations and other functional teams
- Work closely with members of each SoFi business to understand the unique dynamics of their business to inform your roadmap
- Run experiments to identify and prioritize solutions
- Work cross-functionally to solve complex challenges with uncertain inputs and outputs
What you’ll need:
- A passion for our mission of helping people achieve their financial goals
- 7-10 years of experience in a high growth business in a general manager or product manager role or equivalent
- Experience working at a technology company is preferred
- Ability to lead in a collaborative environment, without authority
- Ability to analyze data with strong attention to detail and accuracy, and passion for telling a story with data
- Comfort with autonomy and being a hands on leader
- Strong organizational skills
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?