Data Engineering & BI Reporting Manager
Snapdocs is a rapidly growing company backed by investors like Sequoia, Y Combinator, F-Prime and Tiger Global. We're an innovative team taking on the extensive mortgage market, bringing scalable and sophisticated software to a pillar of the US economy that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. Today, 20% of real estate transactions are processed through our platform. As we expand our product offering to serve more customers, we need to grow our team with smart, hungry, and curious people. That’s where you come in…"
Snapdocs collects a good amount of data and needs a new leader to help ensure its pipeline and management result in reporting and enablement that supercharges our teams and products. Our Data/BI team includes pipelining from our own products, importing important SaaS tooling our business teams leverage, importing industry and partner information, as well as building the operational and strategic reports that our teams need to make the best decisions. We are looking for a leader who can lean into the Data Engineering world, while still going deep strategically with various business leaders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive the advancement of enterprise data Infrastructure for how data arrives, is cleansed, and ultimately stored for organizational usage
- Partner with product owners and business department heads to understand the output requirements for reporting and other data enabled use cases
- Power the BI team members to build rich visualizations that communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders
- Mentor your team members to grow them to be the best enablers of data decisioning within Snapdocs
- Help drive architectural change in data pipelines as required
- Maintain and implement data Security best practices
- Implement and validate data quality in the appropriate dimensions
Ideally, you have 7+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, Big Data, or Data Engineering and BI Reporting with at least 3 years experience in leading Data Engineers and BI Analysts. You are able to create and manage custom data imports, via APIs or through Python scripting. This team collaborates very closely with our Data Science and Security teams so prior experience working cross-functionally is a must. From a technology perspective, our Data Engineering team is working with Python, SQL, and Airflow. If you are a strategic analytical project manager that loves leading and mentoring a small team then apply today!
If you are located in NY, CA, WA or MA, the salary range for this role is $176,200.00 to $240,200.00. For all other locations, the range is $155,400.00 to $210,200.00. As a new hire, your starting salary will likely be between the 25th percentile and the midpoint of the range; however, all offers are based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Snapdocs strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team to make smart decisions. This means we value independent work as well as collaboration.
Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Galileo, Modern Health, Urban Sitter, and Northstar Financial memberships
- Life and disability insurance
Snapdocs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.