Senior Sales Trainer
SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
About the Job:
Our Senior sales trainer will be responsible for developing and delivering training programs to sales teams to improve their skills, knowledge, and performance. This will include training both new hires and tenured sales acquisition and account management sales team members.
- Conduct virtual training sessions: The trainer will conduct training sessions for sales representatives, managers, and other staff members.
- Evaluate training effectiveness: The senior sales trainer will evaluate the effectiveness of the training program by collecting feedback from participants, analyzing performance data, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Develop training materials: The trainer will create new or iterate on current training materials such as presentations, handouts, and videos to support the training program.
- Collaborate with sales leadership and operations: The senior sales trainer will work closely with sales leadership and operations to identify training needs and develop training programs that align with the company's goals and priorities.
- Stay up-to-date with sales trends and best practices: The trainer will stay current with industry trends and best practices in sales training to ensure that the training program remains relevant and effective.
- Mentor and coach sales trainers and sales employees: The senior sales trainer may provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to sales trainers and sales representatives to help them improve their skills and performance.
- Provide ongoing support: The trainer will provide ongoing support to sales reps, managers, and other staff members to reinforce the skills and knowledge learned during training.
Skills / Experience Required:
- 5+ years of sales training and development experience inclusive of virtual training
- 2+ years of inside sales experience
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $76,500 - 152K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.