Sr. React Native Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
As a Senior React Native Engineer, you will join our Engineering Team and work on architecting and delivering new customer functionality for our mobile application as well as supporting existing features. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team that is focused on delivering the best mobile experience for our customers.
You are an expert in your field, passionate about your career and an excellent team player. Together with the Product and Design team, you will help the company expand into new markets and verticals.
The Skill Set:
- Utilize experience in mobile application development (Android and iOS)Build complex mobile applications with reusable components, leveraging best practices for React Native, Android and iOS
- Leverage REST APIs to query and process large volumes of data in parallel and in the background
- Conduct performance monitoring and debugging for React Native applications
- Estimate effort and risk accurately prior to building new functionality
- Reverse engineer an existing codebase
- Focus on delivering quality solutions by thoroughly testing code prior to handing over to QA, write unit tests, and exercise best practices such as Test Driven Development
- Adapt a pixel-perfect mockup into a functioning solution
- Apply experience and best practices on Redux
- Demonstrate excellent and persistent problem solver who enjoys a challenge
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Become an expert in the functionality and codebase of the mobile application
- Become familiar with the main modules of the web application
- Complete our Sitetracker Engineering Development Plan and be fully ramped on our technology stack and established design patterns
- Be a consulted contributor as part of one of our SCRUM teams
- Deliver several small bug fixes which are rolled out to customers
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Become a main contributor to our mobile codebase
- Have a thorough understanding of the full mobile application and suggest improvements to improve performance and scalability
- Participate in architecting and design discussions that will influence the future of our application
- Provide valuable feedback to other team members through code reviews
- Deliver several larger enhancements that have been successfully deployed to customers with positive results
- Deliver small bug fixes on the web platform that are delivered to our customers
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Be a point of reference for the mobile application
- Help QA to investigate and resolve production issues
- Have a full understanding of our entire web platform
- Lead other junior engineers into building new modules for the application
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.