Head of Treasury
Join our small, fiery team on a mission to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age.
About ShakepayShakepay is on a mission to usher in a Bitcoin golden age, where Canadians have access to Bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding financial services. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture capitalists having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting, Shakepay is reimagining banking for the digital age. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial inclusion, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
Head of TreasuryAs the Head of Treasury, you will be responsible for managing the company’s funding and inventory position, controlling financial risks and liabilities, and ensuring the availability of the right amount of capital at all times. You will work closely with cross functional teams and you will play a key role in building value creating trading strategies.
- Lead the treasury team and oversee all treasury related initiatives.
- Develop robust crypto trading strategies that aligns with Shakepay’s objectives as well as the macroeconomic environment.
- Continuously monitor the company’s liquidity and ensure the proper allocation of capital at all times.
- Review Shakepay’s exposure to all currencies and maintain an optimal foreign exchange strategy.
- Collaborate with product teams and act as a subject matter expert on all initiatives impacting the flow of funds.
- Oversee the cash management operations to ensure efficient movement of funds.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with banks and liquidity providers.
- Prepare periodic reports to the board, investors, regulators and other stakeholders from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Political Science or any related program
- Solid experience at a Treasury function at a managerial level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners
- Solid experience trading crypto currencies
- Advanced knowledge and experience with crypto
Nice to have
- Considered a thought leader in the industry
- Prior experience at a crypto trading platform
- Proficiency with Fraud, KYC, AML and regulatory requirements in the Canadian Crypto industry
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.