Financial Crimes Analyst
Join our small, fiery team on a mission to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age.
Shakepay is building a money app that allows Canadians to send, spend, and earn easily and securely. Rooted in principles of financial inclusion and its vision to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age, Shakepay is trusted by more than one million Canadians from every background — college students to retirees — giving them more control over their money and helping them improve their financial future. Backed by renowned venture capitalists with a funding of $44M and regulated across all Canadian provinces and territories, Shakepay is headquartered in Montreal.
Financial Crimes AnalystDo you wake up and all you think about is risk, compliance and fraud? Do you live and breathe it? If so, Shakepay is looking for a financial crimes analyst. Why? Because we’ve got compliance for days!
As our “Risk Ninja”, you'll need to have a deep understanding of the regulatory sectors and be prepared to help ensure our company is fully compliant with all applicable laws and guidelines related to cryptocurrency. You'll work alongside other members of the squad, battling against the evil forces of Fraud and Money Laundering to keep our customers and our company safe.
So, if you're ready to don your ninja armor and take on the challenge of making cryptocurrency compliance a force to be reckoned with, we want to hear from you!
What are you waiting for? Dive in and join the adventure!You will
- Serve as a subject matter expert for AML Compliance and Fraud related matters
- Reporting: Assist in the production, completeness and accuracy of all STRs and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Data Analysis: Analyze large datasets to detect anomalies and trends related to fraud, using statistical techniques and modeling to predict potential risks
- Investigation: Conduct thorough investigations into suspected suspicious and fraudulent activities, including collecting evidence, interviewing involved parties, reporting to regulatory bodies as applicable and collaborating with law enforcement and legal authorities when necessary
- Monitoring Systems: Contribute to the development and enhancements of back end monitoring rules. Maintain and optimize fraud detection systems and technologies, ensuring their accuracy and efficiency
- Fraud Detection: Utilize data analysis and reporting tools to identify suspicious patterns, transactions, and activities indicative of fraudulent behavior
- Risk Assessment: Assess and evaluate fraud risks associated with various business processes, financial transactions, and client interactions
- Work with the broader operations and compliance teams to develop, improve and implement workflows and processes
- Assist in internal and external audits
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance role
- Deep understanding of FINTRAC reporting requirements related to STRs and LVCTRs, AML investigation standards and process
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional areas
- Willingness to grow within your role and within the company
- Up-to-date knowledge of and familiarity with Bitcoin and Crypto-Assets
- Must be available to work at least one weekend day
Nice to have
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the cryptocurrency industry and analyze their potential impact on our business operations.
- CAMS, CFCS or CCAS certification
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Knowledge of the basic characteristics or operations of crypto currency trading
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.