Head of Operations (Remote - Canada)
Join our small, fiery team on a mission to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age.
About ShakepayShakepay is on a mission to usher in a Bitcoin golden age, where Canadians have access to Bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding financial services. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture capitalists having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting, Shakepay is reimagining banking for the digital age. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial inclusion, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
About the role
As the Head of Operations, you will collaborate closely with executives and team leads to chart our company roadmap, optimize operational processes, and ensure scalability to accommodate our growth. The ideal candidate will bring forward an impressive track record of people leadership, leading cross-functional teams and projects, evaluating and prioritizing business opportunities, as well as making time, information, and decision-making more effective across the company.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to define the company's strategic direction and operational priorities
- Translate strategic goals into actionable plans, ensuring alignment across teams
- Mentor leads across the teams to help them grow into excellent managers
- Lead efforts to scale systems, communication, and teams to accommodate growth and drive customer success
- Identify operational risks and develop mitigation strategies to safeguard the company's interests and align with industry regulations and standards
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence throughout the company
- Operational leadership: Strong leadership skills with a history of effectively leading and motivating large cross-functional teams (over 200 employees) to rally the company around its mission and objectives
- Strong communication: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, product teams, and cross-functional leaders
- Strategic vision: Demonstrated ability to turn a strategy into actionable operational plans for teams to execute
- Experience scaling: Proven experience leading efforts to scale systems, processes, teams, and individuals to accommodate fast growth
- Basic knowledge of bitcoin
Nice to have
- Financial services knowledge: Familiarity with financial services operations, compliance, and regulations. Experience in a fintech or crypto startup is a plus.
- Prior experience in a COO/Head of Operations role within a fast-growing startup, particularly in highly regulated environments.
- Compliance proficiency: Extensive experience in compliance-related matters, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.