Senior Data Scientist, Product (Remote - Canada)
Shakepay is on a mission to usher in a bitcoin golden age, where Canadians have access to bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding banking services. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture capitalists having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting, Shakepay is reimagining banking for the digital age. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial inclusion, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
Senior Data Scientist, Product
You will :
- Work with large and complex data sets to identify and solve challenging problems with various analytical and statistical approaches.
- Work horizontally across the product to grow features in domains like Banking Services, Card, Exchange, and Acquisition.
- Engage in deep partnership with growth PMs to define top-level product KPIs, set success and guardrail metrics that reinforce a culture of accountability, and communicate with senior management to align product analytics efforts with strategic business goals.
- Manage controlled experiments (i.e A/B/n tests) from design, data tracking and instrumentation, impact sizing, audience selection and results analysis.
- Collaborate with other data practitioners (data engineers, data analysts) to share knowledge and participate in the evolution of Shakepay’s internal data platform, tooling and culture.
- Assist PMs and other stakeholders in decisions on graduating features from experimentation to GA, and conduct retrospectives to assess overall business impact.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations and make evidence-based recommendations that drive the product roadmap.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting for the Product team to support their day-to-day operations.
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in data science or analytics (3+ years w/ PhD).
- Strong product sense and 2+ years of experience in a B2C mobile/web app context.
- Technical proficiency in one of Python or R in a data science context and SQL.
- Experience in experiment & A/B/n test design and analysis.
- Experience conducting deep-dive statistical analysis (modeling, causality, regression, etc).
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with cross-functional teams and a high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The ability to distill nuanced statistical findings accurately to a business audience is critical.
- Knowledge of effective data visualization principles, tools and techniques.
- Some familiarity with dbt (our data transformation tool)
Nice to have:
- Experience with experimentation platforms like Statsig (we use it), Optimizely, Kameleoon, or others.
- Startup experience is a big plus, bonus points for B2C fintech experience.
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses (we use Snowflake).
- Interest and enthusiasm for the possibilities enabled by Bitcoin and non-sovereign money.
What you get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company
- Remote-friendly work environment: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal, you can work from the office
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Continued learning: every Shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every Shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office