Compliance Analyst (Remote - Canada)
The Compliance Analyst reports to the Compliance Lead.
Calling all Jedi Masters of Compliance! Are you ready to use the force of regulation to keep our company safe from the Dark Side of Cryptocurrency? If you're a Star Wars fan with a passion for Bitcoin and a knack for navigating regulatory landscapes, we want you to join our team as our Crypto Compliance Analyst.
As our Compliance Jedi, you'll need to have a deep understanding of the regulatory force and be able to wield it to ensure our company is fully compliant with all applicable laws and guidelines related to cryptocurrency. You'll work alongside other members of the rebellion, battling against the Empire of Fraud and Money Laundering to keep our customers and our company safe.
So, if you're ready to don your Jedi robes and take on the challenge of making cryptocurrency compliance a force to be reckoned with, we want to hear from you!
May the force be with you as you apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and compliance reviews of our cryptocurrency operations.
- Collaborate with other members of the compliance team to develop and implement policies and procedures related to the use of cryptocurrency.
- Work with the legal team to ensure that our company's cryptocurrency operations are fully compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Provide training and guidance to other employees on cryptocurrency compliance-related topics.
- Assist with the development and implementation of compliance training programs for new hires.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the cryptocurrency industry and analyze their potential impact on our business operations.
- 2+ years of experience in a compliance role preferably within the securities industry.
- Deep understanding of FINTRAC reporting requirements related to STRs and LVCTRs, AML investigation standards and process
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional areas
- Willingness to grow within your role and within the company
- Basic prior knowledge of and familiarity with Bitcoin and Crypto-Assets
Nice to have:
- CAMS or CFCS certification
- Knowledge of the basic characteristics or operations of crypto currency trading
You will get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company
- Remote-friendly work environment: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal, you can work from the office
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Continued learning: every Shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every Shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
Something looks off?