Workplace Manager (Onsite - Montreal)
Join our small, fiery team on our mission to usher in the Bitcoin golden age.
Shakepay is one of the fastest growing startups in Canada. We're building something really special. We need true believers to join our team. We're looking for ambitious professionals with a thirst for knowledge that are interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is important because it enables wealth to be stored with a person without need for a third party. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing people into financial sovereignty.
Workplace Manager (On-site position)
We’re seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented administrative professional. In this crucial role you’ll provide world-class support to the entire company and enable our shakers to be hyper-productive. As Workplace Manager, you will be in charge of developing, executing and overseeing day to day office operations at Shakepay. You will create and manage highly productive office environments (virtual and in-person) making sure every shaker has every necessary tool and resource to help them achieve peak performance.
- Improve standard office procedures continuously to ensure they are efficient and uphold the highest standards; create and standardize automations for office procedures for remote employees
- Maintain a well-organized office inventory with necessary equipment and supplies, ensuring all areas throughout the office are well-stocked and well-maintained; managing purchases or repairs as necessary
- Supervise all areas pertaining to reception (mail, deliveries, shipments, guests) serving as main point of contact for building management and security, including service requests and all facility-related issues
- Support the Security and IT Team on virtually onboarding and offboarding company issued equipment, including user access set up, remote management for software applications, and equipment send out and collection
- Liaison with property management on general building concerns, maintenance, repairs, parking, security, etc. for both the Montreal and Toronto offices
- Oversee the home office budget, purchasing requested equipment and supplies and maintaining the asset inventory of office equipment issued to shakers
- Support day-to-day HR, people and culture processes encompassing all aspects of shakers, including onboarding and offboarding and team benefits (welcome packs, shaker weekly lunch budget etc.)
- Administrate the co-working space booking system and city calendars
- Organize in-person and virtual team lunches, team events and efforts that continue to move our strong culture forward (birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, lunches, meetings, social events, etc.)
- Address shaker queries regarding office management issues
- Build strong relationships with vendors and suppliers; negotiate contracts for third party suppliers and service providers
- Coordinate office moves, renovations and IT infrastructure changes
- 3+ years as an Office Manager or related experience
- Self-starter nature with excellent work ethic and critical thinking skills with the capability to think outside the box with little direction
- Strong communication skills in both English and French and interpersonal skills with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to analyze and problem solve various issues of a time sensitive or confidential nature
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills with the proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience working with suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Strong business acumen with proven experience in partnering with the business to understand priorities and the ability to translate those into operational priorities
- Familiarity with working with technology to enhance the efficiency of day to day administrative work
If you don't meet all the requirements but believe you would be a great fit for this role then give us your pitch and tell us why.
What you get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company.
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it.
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be.
- Continued learning: every shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning.
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best.
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it.
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work.
- Equipment stipend: every shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office.
Shakepay helps Canadians buy and sell bitcoin and pay their friends. We offer web and mobile apps that make it easy for Canadians to buy bitcoin in minutes with Interac e-Transfer. Shakepay is the fastest-growing bitcoin platform in Canada.
At Shakepay we're committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. If you want to be a part of something momentous then we're excited to hear from you.
Please note that while most of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.
Something looks off?