Corporate Finance Manager (Remote, Canada)
Corporate Finance Manager
Shakepay has an amazing, one-of-a-kind community of now over 1,000,000 shakers (aka “customers”) who are as passionate about our brand as they are about bitcoin. We’re looking for someone with a matching enthusiasm for Super Mario Bros. Hang on. No. We mean the opposite of that. We’re looking for someone with a matching enthusiasm for corporate finance. Are those actually opposites? You tell us.
In any event, we’re looking for someone who’s brain sounds like level 1-2 in the original Super Mario Bros. Y’know… “data data data.” As a Corporate Finance Manager you’ll be a sound partner for department heads in all financial planning and analysis, and corporate finance related matters. We’ll look to you to build complex financial models to support decision making, maintain relationships with external partners, and perform ad-hoc analysis when needed. Data data data. We’ll also make sure you have ample opportunity to start your own initiatives, make changes, and find efficiencies in line with Shakepay’s objectives.
- Act as an expert for all financial planning and analysis matters
- Develop, apply, and improve financial models to support the development of major financial products
- Build a yearly budget with the finance team that aligns with the expectations of the board of directors
- Translate analysis into clear data-driven storylines and present the insights to the executive team
- Collaborate with multiple teams on building KPIs and metrics to better assess Shakepay’s performance
- Assist in presentations to internal leaders, banking partners, investors, and board members
- Evaluate investment opportunities and other strategic business initiatives aimed at value creation
- Monitor macroeconomic market trends and conduct industry analysis to identify business opportunities and establish modeling assumptions
- Bachelor in Commerce with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working in consulting in an advisory role or within a fast pace startup in a corporate finance function
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with manipulating large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional areas
- Willingness to grow within your role and within the company
Nice to have:
- Experience within a growing software/technology start-up
- Bilingualism in English and French
- CFA or CPA designation
- Interest in Bitcoin
You will get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options. We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company
- Remote-friendly work environment: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal, you can work from the office
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Continued learning: every Shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- Equipment stipend: every Shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
Shakepay helps Canadians buy and sell bitcoin and pay their friends. We offer web and mobile apps that make it easy for Canadians to buy bitcoin in minutes with Interac e-Transfer. Shakepay is the fastest-growing bitcoin platform in Canada.
At Shakepay we're committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. If you want to be a part of something momentous then we're excited to hear from you.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.
Something looks off?