Staff Full Stack Software Engineer
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role:
As a Staff Software Engineer on our Platform Engineering Team, you will be working at the very core of how we build and enhance our credit-building products and services. Most of your time will be spent on writing clean and effective code which you will manage from inception through deployment. You will collaborate directly with Lead Engineers, Architecture, and Product Managers and work alongside our amazing team of Professional Engineers.
Our Platform Engineering Teams work to provide impactful solutions at a massive scale. Our focus areas include:
- Payments: Enable a highly available, secure, and feature-rich customer payment experience across all Self Financial’s products and services.
- Credit Reporting: Work in the heart and soul of our mission! Enable timely, accurate credit reporting to all major credit reporting agencies.
- Partner Integrations: Build solutions that develop strong integrations with our bank partners.
- Tooling: Connect Self Financial data to world-class vendors like Salesforce, NetSuite, and more!
- Growth: Improve customer enablement, engagement, and retention through optimization initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop capabilities that support our credit building products and banking core systems
- Develop services and infrastructure that provide essential functions at a massive scale
- Work closely with Product Managers to build tools and systems required for us to service our financial products to our large customer base
- Report to an Engineering Manager and work with our amazing team of Professional Engineers
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- Fluency with the development of Python code in a production environment.
- Extensive experience building and consuming FAST APIs to work with other services
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency writing infrastructure code
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence and similar platforms.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?