Application Support Engineer
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Application Support Engineer is a blend of pragmatic operators and software developers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to maintain the stability of the company’s core applications.
This position reports to the Manager of Application Support Engineering.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the timely resolution of auto-detected and customer reported issues within the core application services.
- Develop the systems and processes to improve the efficacy of issue detection and resolution.
- Document any troubleshooting and process instructions that might be of further use to the team, engineering, management, or operations.
- Address issues generated via OpsGenie alerts, customers (via the CS team) and engineering based on established priorities and service level objectives.
- Coordinate with management to test and run uncommitted scripts and commands.
What we want you to have:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Well organized and flexible to priority and duty changes
- Maintains a high level of focus, accuracy and dependability.
- Practical knowledge about application flows
- Be flexible and participate in an on-call 24 hour primary and secondary rotation.
- Strong SQL
- Linux CLI
- Knowledge of a programming language (python/PHP preferred)
- Customer Support experience
The following skills are a bonus!
- Experience working in FinTech
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Enterprise monitoring solutions
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?