Securitize is a global fintech, Top 50 blockchain company, with a mission to provide investors with access to invest in and trade alternative assets, and for companies to raise capital and offer shareholder's liquidity. Securitize has pioneered a fully digital, regulatory compliant, end-to-end platform for issuing, managing and trading digital asset securities (also known as security tokens), with over 200 businesses and nearly 400,000 investors already connected, and nearly $500 million in current-value digital asset securities issued on the Securitize platform.
We are a well-funded global team made up of top blockchain and financial industry talent based around the world, based in Tel Aviv, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, New York, and San Francisco. We’re backed by leading financial institutions and blockchain investors, including Morgan Stanley, Blockchain Capital, MUFG, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Sony Finance, Banco Santander, and Coinbase
The Securitize Markets Compliance team is actively seeking a Compliance Director with subject matter expertise in financial crimes compliance, including AML, sanctions, and fraud. We are looking for a professional with start-up experience, preferably someone who has also worked in mid-sized companies. The ideal candidate will guide the company's adherence to legal standards and in-house policies while actively contributing to Securitize's growth and long-term viability in the blockchain-based securities industry.
- Develop and oversee the Firm’s U.S. financial crimes compliance program (AML, sanctions, and fraud).
- Assist in the development of the Firm’s global financial crimes compliance program.
- Develop and implement company policies and regulations, ensuring all aspects of our business are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a deep understanding of regulatory developments within or outside of the company, as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Oversee and manage the KYC/AML compliance program.
- Advise on potential compliance risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Ensure the organization adheres to standards and regulations relating to new or existing blockchain technology.
- Regularly review and revise procedures and policies to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collaborate with different departmental heads to ensure they understand and adhere to their part in compliance control.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a senior compliance role with a particular focus on designing and executing AML, Sanctions and/or Fraud compliance monitoring, surveillance, testing, audit or examinations.
- Proven experience in a start-up environment, with additional experience in mid-size companies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the global regulatory environment and standards related to blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
- Proficient knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Excellent communication and persuasion abilities, with experience dealing with regulators and auditors.
- Solid business acumen, paired with a commitment to legality.
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred
Looking for a great company to work for? Join our rapidly growing team and enjoy a number of exciting benefits! As an employee, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- A generous Bonus program to reward your hard work and dedication.
- Company grant options to share in the company's success and growth.
- The freedom of a Remote work environment, allowing you to work from anywhere while still being part of a dynamic team.
- Company-paid Professional Development opportunities to help you grow and achieve your career goals.
- Comprehensive 100% Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage to keep you and your family healthy and happy.
- A 401 (K) Retirement Plan to help you plan for a secure financial future.
Candidates must be located in one of our main Remote Hub locations: US Based: Miami, FL; New York-Metro; Austin, TX; Los Angeles & Bay Area, CA
Global: Tel Aviv, Israel; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Tokyo, Japan, Madrid, Spain.