Company Financials Consumer Discretionary & Staples Manager
Posted Mar 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 115076
Bloomberg runs on data. In Bloomberg Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across Company Financials Data Teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and broker-estimated financials that are normalized across industries and companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of sector-aligned analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
Using innovative, collaborative, and client focused approaches to data extraction, aggregation, and standardization, Company Financials Data analysts use industry knowledge and company financial data subject matter expertise in order to build a comprehensive client experience across the product offering throughout the earnings cycle, including pre-earnings through guidance and consensus creation, at the time of earnings through the IPO process all the way to the quarterly reporting process from earnings to preliminary results to audited full financial results, providing performance and surprise analysis, for robust company and peer analysis.
Here’s where our team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether we are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing sophisticated financial data – our team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
The Company Financials group has an exciting opportunity for a global Manager to lead the Consumer Discretionary & Staples Team including Luxury, Retail and Leisure across our teams in Princeton, London, and multiple Asia Pacific offices. Your team will own the data management and analysis for the sector, including consumer staples and consumer discretionary companies, managing quality and timely delivery of content, while also growing our data offering by identifying and on-boarding complementary data sets. You and your team will be expected to drive the data strategy for your industry to provide Bloomberg clients with data-driven insights and solutions. In this role, you will be expected to partner across multiple business units within Bloomberg along with engaging with our clients to get results.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and lead global teams with multiple Team Leaders and senior-level individual contributors reporting directly to you
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of analysts who are Consumer industry specialists and experts in their product demonstrated through managing time-sensitive, high-quality data, financial modeling, content curation, and generating new client solutions
- Collaborate with global counterparts and leadership to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners (primarily Data Company Financials, Core Product, Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg News, Financial Products, Bloomberg Second Measure, and Engineering) to drive adoption and integration amongst our clients
- Bring deep expertise of the Consumer sector (and datasets) to drive Bloomberg’s data strategy, expand our industry ontologies, and establish sector-specific OKRs to build market-leading offerings
- Have meaningful client interactions to build trust, understand their needs, and drive overall product strategy
- Stay up to date on industry trends and latest developments in the financial market along with a deep understanding of our clients’ workflows
- Build an inclusive team culture
You'll need to have:
- 6+ years of experience in management; successfully leading diverse teams
- A deep understanding of the mechanics of the consumer discretionary and/or consumer staples industry, be able to quantify the trends impacting the industry, and provide information that can aid commercial decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading product development and/or sales experience focused on bringing powerful Consumer data solutions to clients in financial services
- Deep knowledge of investor and corporate strategy workflows, such as financial statement analysis, screening, and building industry data models
- Understanding of the financial and Consumer data marketplace and product offerings across the globe
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Solid grasp of data management principles and technologies such as data modeling, data analysis skills to tell a narrative and/or make data-driven insights
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business and client needs, and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Bloomberg’s clients and other internal partners, and the ability to implement with a strategy that supports the business while motivating your team
We’d love to see:
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials Products, Bloomberg terminal proficiency, and/or Bloomberg Data workflows
- Experience in SQL, Python, data modeling and other data analysis tools
- Experience using data visualization tools, such as QlikSense.
- Continuous education in related areas such as Finance or STEM field, such as a Master’s Degree, professional qualification, or decade of experience in related fields
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
Something looks off?