Lender Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2021
About the Team
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer and we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen an attempt at a tech solution in well over two decades. We're looking for smart, intellectually curious people to be a part of our Scratch journey.
The Lender Growth and Success team is responsible for Scratch’s customer relationships. The team works collaboratively across Borrower Guidance, Product Operations, Product, Legal & Compliance, and Marketing to ensure a smooth and efficient customer experience. Each team member is accountable for developing key program goals, creating growth initiatives, finding new opportunities, and being thought partners/trusted advisors to our customers. The Lender Success team is instrumental in surfacing product and operational customer insights throughout the organization in order to help guide the company’s strategy and product development with the customer’s voice top of mind.
Who We Are:
80% of Americans have debt: student loans, mortgages, and car payments are a few common types. Once a borrower gets a loan (from either a big bank or a small online lender), the borrower typically works with a third party company, or a “loan servicer,” to repay that debt. This relationship can last a long time – whether a decade in the case of many student loans or up to 30 years in the case of a mortgage – and can play a major role in peoples’ lives.
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer; we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen significant innovation in well over two decades. What does that mean? It means we make repaying loans as easy as possible for borrowers.
What You'll Do:
The Partnerships team plays a critical role in enabling Scratch to drive impact. Especially as lenders get increasingly creative in the lending products they offer, Scratch’s technology (which can service complex products) makes us uniquely positioned to help lenders give their borrowers the best experience possible.
We’re looking for a Partnerships Manager who is comfortable talking to lenders across asset classes and sizes to understand their business needs and to position Scratch as the right servicing solution for their business. In addition to managing new opportunities, this person will continue to manage day-to-day relationships with lenders and asset managers in their book of business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for growing and maintaining revenue. This person is detail-oriented, and needs to be comfortable working cross-functionally in a dynamic environment.
In particular, the Partnerships Manager will:
- Drive new business by developing new partnership opportunities for Scratch with lending partners, managing the sales process from warm lead through deal closing
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise client accounts to foster strategic, long-term business relationships
- Oversee cross-functional day-to-day operations to support enterprise clients
- Ensure and enable high-end service delivery and proactively manage partnership strategy
- Engage potential lending partners about their goals and challenges, to ensure the partnership is structured for client success
- Measure and report on lender success to the broader Scratch team
- Contribute significantly to Scratch’s growth as we scale our core servicing business
What We’re Looking For:
- You’ve been a top performer for 2-3 years in investing, consulting, investment banking, or any other outward-facing and analytical role at a fast-growing company (knowledge of banking, lending, or finance industries is a plus)
- You feel comfortable building relationships with new enterprise partners, understanding the unique problems their businesses are facing, and working strategically to deliver solutions in a timely manner
- You have well-structured communication abilities, and you think critically and creatively
- You are highly analytical and can easily communicate the results of your analysis with multiple stakeholder groups (internal and external)
- You have excellent follow-through and attention to detail; nothing is getting dropped on your watch
- You are excited to work closely with multiple teams internally including design, product/engineering, operations and legal
- You are open to embracing challenges and working hard to achieve goals
- You are eager to work in a start-up that is fast-paced, and are willing and excited to step up to greater responsibility
What We Offer:
- Health Care: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependents premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Retirement: We provide a company-sponsored 401k program!
- Learning & Development: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
- Wellness Benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
- Catered Lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
- Additional Benefits: We offer each employee to enroll in tax free benefits such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook and Affirm. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience their debt. We believe that debt is one of those inevitable things that everyone has to deal with, yet few people are actually able to fully understand and wrangle with it in an effective manner.
By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch enables people to understand their debt, whether it be a personal loan, school loan, or mortgage.
We have built a small, but really amazing team consisting of folks who have built some very well-known products at Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook, Affirm, and more. Our office is based in San Francisco.
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
See more open positions at Scratch Financial
Something looks off?