Engineering Manager - Application Data & Data Platform - Remote
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is looking for an Engineering Manager focused on Application Data & Data Platform. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to successfully manage teams building on data heavy applications and data platforms, while fostering a culture of transparency, ownership, and teamwork. You will also excel at working cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and key stakeholders to help guide the overall strategy, design, and delivery of new and existing products. In this position, Sana is looking for individuals who have succeeded at increasing throughput of their team while continuously seeking ways for them to add more value with a sharp eye on continuous improvement.
We are building a diverse, talented and remote team and encourage you to apply! However we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time, and all applicants should be authorized to work in the US.
What you will do
- Ensure consistent delivery of our engineering teams working on building data heavy applications and data infrastructure, including claim adjudication, underwriting decisions, data pipelines, and BI tools. We currently build our application using a domain paradigm in Rails and have a data infrastructure built on Redshift/DBT/Tableau/Mode.
- Mentor and coach engineers providing clear objectives and feedback.
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, analytics, and design to translate high-level business outcomes into clearly defined projects.
- Help drive Engineering efforts to enact best practices that improve delivery of value to our stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of innovation, trust, teamwork, and accountability that is rewarding and engaging for software engineers while also creating a safe environment that supports work/life balance.
- Help recruit and retain top talent in highly competitive markets.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management or technical leadership role
- 5+ years of experience working on data heavy applications and/or building data infrastructure
- Experience working in Agile teams, coaching engineers and supporting cross functional partners
- You love metrics and are skilled at leveraging them to dive deep into understanding where improvements can be made
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You hold kindness and empathy as one of your leadership principles and lead by example
- Preferred: experience with healthcare and/or claim data
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!