People Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
We are seeking a People Operations Manager to oversee the compensation, benefits, people analytics, and compliance functions of our People Team. The ideal candidate brings a deep understanding of compensation and benefits programs, as well as a strong knowledge of HR compliance regulations and requirements. Reporting to the VP of People, you’ll have the opportunity to build programs and processes that scale while creating an exceptional work environment to enable our employees to perform at their best.
We are building a diverse, talented and remote team and encourage you to apply! However we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time, and all applicants should be authorized to work in the US.
What you will do
- Create frictionless touchpoints for employees across their lifecycle at Sana, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between, via automated workflows and self-serve materials for employees.
- Manage and optimize our people operations systems (e.g. HRIS), processes, and policies. Serve as the "center of excellence" for every moment in the employee lifecycle and the go-to for employee questions.
- Refine and run a total compensation program that offers employees a comprehensive package that is informed by industry benchmarking, tailored to Sana’s remote culture, is competitive within the market, and meets business requirements and budgets.
- Orchestrate Open Enrollment for all Sana entities, including recommendations on annual benefits enhancements, employee communications, training, documentation and support.
- Manage our employee benefits programs, such as medical, dental, vision, disability, group life, HSA/FSA, retirement plans, leave programs, and unique Sana specific benefits such as our remote worker stipend and work away from home perks.
- Identify, track, and report on key performance indicators for recruiting, retention, DEIB, compensation, performance, engagement, and other critical metrics that align to broader business objectives and priorities.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that are compliant with local, state, and federal laws, including but not limited to ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Section 125, and various state benefit and leave related laws.
- Work closely with the Finance, Legal, and IT teams across a range of programs, including compensation planning, equity management, payroll, benefits planning, budgeting, IT procurement, and compliance.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date employee records and ensure confidentiality of employee information.
- Provide day-to-day support for Sana employees in doing their best work, including responding to employee inquiries regarding compensation, benefits, and HR policies and procedures.
- Support other parts of the People Team or business as needed. We’re a small team and often jump-in to support one another.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably with 3+ years in a fast-growth company environment with a focus on compensation, benefits, compliance, and HRIS systems.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations and how to practically apply them in the workplace.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to look at key performance metrics and employee/benefits data on a regular basis to find trends and to take data-informed action accordingly. Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Outstanding emotional intelligence and communication skills over zoom, cell, email, chat, carrier pigeon, etc.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Values-oriented. You care deeply about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Unparalleled attention to detail. You love getting into the weeds to get things done.
- Fast learner. Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Gritty. You don’t shy away from solving problems and working hard when you need to.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
See more open positions at Sana Benefits
Something looks off?