Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
In summary, you will produce high-quality content that will help our Marketing Team generate leads, our Sales Team close deals, and our customers understand our offerings.
What you will do
- Contribute to messaging, positioning, and branding for our products and services
- Ask the important questions and poke holes
- Position our offerings in a way that solves a problem for our customers and speaks to their emotions
- Create messaging that’s easy to understand without a lot of effort on behalf of the reader
- Sales Enablement
- Arm our Sales team with materials that will help them explain our unique offerings and close deals such as one pagers, decks, and more
- Content Marketing
- Create content that helps with lead generation
- Manage all content marketing assets, including but not limited to website content, ads, social media, the blog, PR campaigns
- Consider the customer’s POV, needs, and hero’s journey with every content decision we make
- Build great relationships
- Develop a strong rapport with the Sales team, and understand the assets they need to increase conversion rates at each stage of the Sales funnel
- Work with the rest of Marketing to develop customer lifecycle marketing campaigns and a content calendar
- Ensure consistency from pre-sale through renewal
- Customer and market research
- Help out with competitive analysis
- Understand healthcare and health insurance
- Know where Sana stands in the competitive landscape, which strengths we should focus on currently in our Sales & Marketing efforts, and which weaknesses we should prioritize with Product and Operations for improvement
- Use surveys, interviews, user testing, and segment research to become the voice of our customers
- Leverage Data
- Define the metrics that should be used to measure your success
- Work with Marketing Ops to develop reports that show those metrics
- You have 4+ years of Marketing experience, with at least 1 year in Product Marketing. B2B experience is strongly preferred.
- You are mission-driven and get excited about driving small businesses toward benefit solutions that will help their teams thrive.
- You are a great writer and editor, and you’re willing to prove it with a case study.
- You enjoy being the voice of the customer. You like picking prospects’ and customers’ brains about how they think about their problems, our products, and everything in between.
- You’re comfortable working cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Engineering, Design, and Operations teams.
- You’re a great communicator. First and foremost, this requires you to be a great active listener. Second, you are gifted at communicating complex ideas with succinct phrasing in both oral and written communications.
- You are analytical. You can take apart business problems piece by piece to understand where to start looking for answers.
- You’re a great teammate. You crave honest feedback from your peers so that you can get better every day. You give them that feedback. You have a positive impact on the mood of those around you and love winning with them.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
See more open positions at Sana Benefits
Something looks off?