Primary Care Physician
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is looking for a Family or Internal Medicine Physician to join our virtual primary care practice. Our value-based care model allows our providers to practice broad-scope care without fee-for-service billing. As a Physician at Sana Primary Care, you get to focus on what you do best - treating the whole patient and getting to know their background and unique challenges. We’re looking for the newest member of our clinical team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery.
Why you’ll enjoy working at Sana
- No RVU goals or benchmarks to hit
- No hours wasted on documentation and coding
- Zero friction with payer denials and prior authorizations, all patients are member of Sana’s health plan
- Access to high quality care partners to help support your patients on their care journey
- Sana was voted Top 50 Startups of 2022, Best Place for Working Parents
What you will do
- Provide patient-centered comprehensive, primary care; manage a mix of acute, chronic, and preventative care
- Treat patients entirely online via messaging, phone, and video
- Develop personalized treatment plans in collaboration with patients
- Provide patient education to help them meet their health goals
- Provide referrals to appropriate medical resources or specialty providers as needed
- Work in collaboration with a care team
- Supervise one or more FNPs or PAs
- Promote teamwork to support a healthy & happy work culture in the practice
- Participate in regular touch points regarding patient health outcomes, satisfaction & engagement
- Board certified in Family Medicine, Medicine/Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine
- State licensed in Texas
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- Comfort with using technology to deliver high quality care
- You’re comfortable with trying new things. We’re constantly learning and improving as we go
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to innovate.
- Passionate. You care about making our healthcare system work better for patients
- Grit. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
See more open positions at Sana Benefits
Something looks off?