Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
We are seeking an Information Technology Manager to provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department. In this role you will be overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals. You will devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
As our ideal candidate you are someone who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and lead a small but growing team. You have developed processes and are able to drive things forward. You have an organizational mindset and have worked at companies during their growth phase. You are able to figure things out quickly and decisively. Most importantly, you are excited to join our company and help make a difference!
Please note: This role is a hybrid position and will require someone onsite at our historic HQ building in Oakland 3-4 days per week
What You Will Do:
- Lead IT activities for Roofstock, collaborating with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure the software and hardware-related needs are met proactively and efficiently.
- Coordinate hardware and software procurement, provisioning, and deployment processes, ensuring efficient utilization of company resources.
- Drive automation of IT systems and processes in pursuit of efficiency and scalability.
- Oversee the IT help desk, ensuring timely resolution of technical issues.
- Manage and maintain office audio/visual systems, ensuring smooth operation and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
- Collaborate with HR and other departments to ensure smooth onboarding and off-boarding processes for employees, including the configuration of necessary IT resources for new hires and the proper retrieval of IT assets from departing employees
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to the IT team, fostering their professional growth and skill development in line with their career goals and Roofstock’s needs
- Oversee the management and maintenance of facility-related technology, including printers, access control, surveillance systems, Zoom rooms, and MiFi devices.
- Partner with Infosec and GRC personnel to support information security efforts.
- Enforce compliance with IT policies and industry best practices to maintain a secure and efficient IT environment.
- Manage IT budgets, including the allocation and tracking of funds for hardware, software, services, and other IT-related expenses, ensuring effective utilization of resources
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field or equivalent years of experience
- 6-8+ years technology experience in a fast-paced and agile environment with at least 2 years of management experience as a manager or team lead
- In depth knowledge of computer systems, cyber security, network, office IT setup and systems administration, and phone systems
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft 365 and working with different types of userbases
- Experience with information security concepts and industry standards in adherence to security frameworks (ISO27001, SOC 2, NIST, etc.) is a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Effective management experience guiding and developing teams
- Strong bias towards actions and delivering results
- Ability to think quickly and problem solve when presented with challenges
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.