Senior Network Engineer- Automation
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Network Engineering Team at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and automating the fabric that connects our customers, partners, and products. We operate Tier-0 services in production, as well as secure interconnected environments.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for crafting, implementing, and maintaining automated, highly available cloud based network solutions.
You will work within a team of engineers and architects responsible for automation, monitoring, network deployments, AWS service management, and production peering support.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and maintain automated network solutions
- Working in our cloud environment crafting and maintaining end to end connectivity using Terraform
- Build network automation scripts using Python, Ansible, Salt Stack and other automation tools
- Investigate and find ways to automate existing manual processes to reduce manual-hours works and human-errors
- Monitoring our systems, responding to outages and issues in a weekly on call rotation
- Configure and run network automation tools and platforms
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to implement automated solutions
- Tackle and resolve network issues and possibly automate the resolution methodology without supervision
- Stay up-to-date with emerging network automation technologies
What you bring
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation tools such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering or a related field
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Salt Stack
- Proficient in Python, Go and other programming languages
- In-depth knowledge of network topologies, protocols and services like BGP, OSPF, Spanning-tree, WiFi, DNS and DHCP
- Strong problem-solving and fixing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What we offer
- Market driven and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $162000 - $190000
US Zone 2: $142000 - $167000
US Zone 3: $126000 - $148000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.