Senior Software Engineer, Developer Infrastructure
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Apollo team provides a centrally-managed, community-supported platform that integrates closely with each step of the development workflow at Robinhood. We define a set of standards and configuration that all new applications should follow. By implementing this interface, services immediately gain access to a streamlined, end-to-end developer workflow supported by Apollo that Robinhoodies can use to safely and effectively develop, ship, and validate features.
The team focuses on 3 specific areas of focus.
- Personal Development Environments: isolated production-like environments that allow engineers and non-engineers alike to experiment and explore.
- Integration Testing: end-to-end, cross-service testing that runs on every diff and gates lands to master
- Shared Tooling: libraries, UIs, and other tooling critical to the development process to abstract away complexities for our users.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Design large scale systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Build strong working relationships with Robinhood infrastructure, platform and service teams to improve testing and quality coverage
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems.
- Mentor and train junior engineers on the team.
- Contribute to open source projects.
What you bring
- Experience building and leading the design and implementation of critical infrastructure systems and services in a microservices architecture
- Experience working on Kubernetes and familiarity with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exposure with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Buildkite
- Passion for building solutions to counter significant challenges related to scaleability
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 - $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 - $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 - $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.