Brokerage Market Risk Senior Analyst
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Brokerage Risk team’s mission is to build and maintain the practices needed to assess, monitor, report, and address risk exposure. The team builds automated controls and ongoing exposure monitoring tooling for exposure related to securities and derivatives trading and margin products.
As a Market Risk Analyst, you’ll strategize risk mitigation of Robinhood’s margin and position risk exposures through use of data analytics to develop task automation, design and implement controls, and monitor current market conditions and emerging risk exposures.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate market conditions and analyze emerging market risks on a systemic, sector, or individual security level
- Collaborate with margin teams to manage the firm's market risk profile both tactically on a day-to-day basis as well as strategically based on firm risk appetite
- Work with cross functional teams across the firm to perform risk assessments, control testing, risk event retrospectives, and identify, track, and action issues
- Design, build, and monitor risk indicators and exposure limits, detective controls and alerts, and dashboards for continuous monitoring of operational and financial risk
- Conduct data analytics in support of strategic risk initiatives
What you bring
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Broker Dealer Operations, Market Risk Management, and/or Data Analytics professions
- Comprehensive knowledge of broker dealer operations and passion for financial markets and risk analytics
- Experience creating and applying quantitative measurements of market risk to optimize the risk profile of customer or proprietary equity and options positions
- Comfortable with data analysis and data visualization tools including SQL, Python, Tableau, or Looker
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement operational improvements
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $140000 - $165000
US Zone 2: $123000 - $145000
US Zone 3: $110000 - $129000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.