Senior Counsel, Marketing
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to be responsible for a range of legal matters arising from Robinhood’s marketing and communications initiatives and programs. You will work closely and collaboratively with Robinhood’s marketing and communications organizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood’s mission to democratize finance for all.
It is preferred that this role is located in one of the office locations listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. This position is only eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the US where we do not have physical office locations. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications teams in support of initiatives and campaigns, including reviewing claims and collateral
- Conduct legal reviews of marketing communications, in particular business and product marketing communications to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including those related to consumer protection, advertising standards, including FTC, FINRA and SEC marketing regulations.
- Identify legal risks associated with our marketing efforts and provide pragmatic advice to help our marketing and communications teams manage legal requirements while achieving their business goals
- Work cross functionally across the enterprise with stakeholders in marketing, compliance, product, business operations and other subject matter experts as well as executive leadership.
- Train clients and colleagues on legal and regulatory issues related to marketing and communications and changes in the regulatory landscape.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the company for advertising/marketing law issues, and staying up-to-date on marketing-related and communications-related legal issues including recent enforcement actions.
- Advise on marketing and communications strategy
What you bring
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 4+ years of legal practice, including support of marketing and communications initiatives and programs, ideally with both a law firm and as in-house counsel within a fast-paced financial services, fintech and/or payments company
- The ability to provide clear, concise legal advice, work effectively cross-functionally to drive to results
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution-oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Experience with publicly traded companies and advising PR and communications teams regarding relevant issues/laws/regulations
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Knowledge of online marketing channels, social media platforms and recent trends.
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $179000 - $210000
US Zone 2: $157000 - $185000
US Zone 3: $139000 - $164000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.