Account Maintenance Associate
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
Robinhood’s Account Operations team is critical to supporting the growth of Robinhood and supporting our customers at critical points of their relationship with Robinhood. The team handles various account servicing tasks including application review, customer information updates, reviewing levy notices, and much more. As the first point of contact for most customers, the Account Operations team values customer understanding, emotional intelligence, and technical expertise.
As an Account Maintenance Associate, you’ll serve as an integral part in our account opening and maintenance processes by reviewing new account applications, analyzing documents with keen attention to detail, working with cross-functional partners to address customer escalations, and performing daily account maintenance activities. This is an opportunity to be a part of one of the most efficient and important pillars of Robinhood’s business.
What you’ll do
- Review new account applications with a mindset of risk mitigation
- Review customer-related documents for completeness and process any necessary changes in customer accounts
- Consistently meet productivity goals with minimal error
- Act as subject matter expert in the firm account opening and maintenance processes with the ability to clearly communicate this with other teams and customers with outstanding customer service.
- Interact and troubleshoot with customers for more complex account application issues
- Perform daily account maintenance requests related to customer accounts such as deactivating and reactivating accounts, levy notice processing, and updating customer information after their account has been opened
- Adhere to the Customer Identification Program.
- Assist in all account maintenance activities through document review, restriction placing and lifting, and information maintenance
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to meet productivity goals
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Ability to make appropriate independent decisions within established frameworks
- Ability to work some weekends
- Bonus points: SIE active FINRA license, 2+ years in a financial services role, familiarity with brokerage operations and consumer technology
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan.
US Zone 1: $21 per hour
US Zone 2: $21 per hour
US Zone 3: $20 per hour
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.